Sunday 6 July 2014

Flycatcher in Nest

No sooner had we seen our first Spotted Flycatcher of the year (see previous post), now we see them every time we go out! Here's a few pics of one in the Hidden Glen, a fantastic 'get away from it all' croft a few miles down the Grantown Road.  There are lovely self-catering chalets too, so if you have any visitors planning a visit......, try www.hiddenglen.co.uk/

The beauty of this Flycatcher though was that it nested inside a cycle crash helmet!  Three were hanging in the bike shed, and the bird decided to settle in the only one that was in use!  No cycling for a few weeks then.

I sat still for ages as she checked me out to ensure I wasn't a threat, then eventually she approached and entered the nest and sat staring at me as I took these photos.


One final look.
And now she settles down to keep an eye on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment