Thursday 8 April 2010

The sky full of Geese. On their way home?

If any of you were lucky enough to have had your windows open or were outside at 7:30pm this evening you would have heard, then seen, the sky completely fill with geese heading north east toward the firth. Skeins of thousands of geese heading home? Who knows, but they’ve provided a great spectacle since the autumn and they will be welcome back by one person at least later this year - me!

Just to note the usual suspects busy in the harbour earlier today; Redshanks and Turnstones. Even earlier I was over at Loch Flemington and there were 44 Widgeon along with 13 Tufted Duck, two Mute Swans and a good selection of both Coot and Moorhen. I know I’ve said this before, but I do not see many Coot or Moorhen in The Highlands, and Loch Flemington seems to be the exception around here. Buzzards galore on the back road out to Loch Flemington too.

Séamus

No comments:

Post a Comment