Thursday 12 January 2012

The Merryton Crescent Capercaillie! Have you seen it?

There have been a number of reports of a Capercaillie wandering around the gardens of Merryton Crescent, and over by Bridgmill!  (And I've just been told of a sighting in Lochloy Crescent.)  Thanks to those of you who have contacted me with the news.  I suspect it might be an escaped bird, or maybe unwell; but it would be good to see it.

Has anyone managed to get a photo and would you be willing to post it on this blog?

This is what they look like - and it's not my photo!
I'll be out and about on Friday and the weekend; camera and binoculars in-hand, hoping to grab a look; so if you see a man sneaking around looking over people's garden's with binoculars - it's me and I apologise!

Seamus

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the search, would be great to see some images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a video of it in Boathpark, it's been in my neighbours back gardens all day! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZjT7S1aM1c&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Thanks. I've taken advice and it seems that this could be a true wild bird that's a bit lost! It needs to keep its head down and avoid the traffic and hopefully it will find its way out to more wilder territory before the traffic gets it!

    ReplyDelete